Check out Our All Time Favorite Top 6 Guilty-Pleasure Foods!
We’ve all got ’em, those foods we just can’t live without, even though they’re terribly bad for us. I always say that the reason I go to the gym is so I can eat. That alleviates a bit of the guilt, but certainly not all of it, because these six foods pack a powerful punch in the calorie department!
- Cheeseburger: Other than a burger grilled over an open flame in my backyard, my favorite cheeseburger comes from Carl’s Jr. But the burger I get comes in at a whopping 680 calories! By downgrading to a kid-size cheeseburger, I could eliminate half the calories.
- Candy: My sweet tooth is larger than life. If you’re like me and spend an insane amount of time in the candy aisle, try the produce section instead, opting for naturally sweet foods, like berries, peaches, and oranges.
- Fried Chicken: I’m all about food that’s finger-lickin’ good. But at over 300 calories in a KFC chicken breast, I can’t afford to indulge too often. However, choosing from the grilled menu or baking your own chicken at home will save a couple hundred calories.
- Chips and Dip: Potato chips are my weakness. Pair them with dip, and they’re even better. Luckily, Special K has made it possible to enjoy noshing on chips without the guilt by offering their cracker chips as a healthier alternative. Twenty-seven cracker chips have just 110 calories!
- French fries: Everyone has their own favorite French fry, whether it comes from McDonald’s, a steakhouse, or their own kitchen. Get the small fries instead of the large or even regular size, or try oven-baked fries at home, to fulfill your craving without going over your calorie budget.
- Ice Cream: I’ll admit it—I do scream for ice cream. Ideally, I’d end every evening with a big bowl of Ben & Jerry’s. But that’s just not good for my wallet or my waistline. A great way to satisfy the craving while cutting the calories is by choosing frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.
What are some of your guilty-pleasure foods?