Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe by Jennifer Hanson
“This is one of my absolute favorite dishes to make,” hit singer-songwriter Jennifer Hanson tells Taste of Country of her chicken and rice casserole. “It’s a dish I can always rely on, and my family loves it! Its fast, easy to make and great for working moms and dads.”
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 1o-ounce package dry onion soup mix
2 cans (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (4.5 ounces) sliced mushroom
1 cup milk
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
1 small, yellow onion, quartered
Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix the rice, dry onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, sliced mushrooms, chopped onion and milk.
3. Place the chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish and pour the mushroom mixture over the chicken.
4. Cover and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
5. Uncover and stir rice mixture.
6. Continue to bake uncovered for 15 more minutes or until rice is cooked.
About Jennifer Hanson:
Like many of Nashville’s hottest songwriters, Jennifer Hanson has had her taste of life as a country music star. Hanson broke onto the country scene in the early 2000s as one of Capitol Records’ newest and most talked about stars on the rise. Her debut hit ‘Beautiful Goodbye’ broke into the Top 20 singles chart soon after its release.
More recently, the former Miss California has been charting once again, but this time as a hit songwriter. Hanson has been responsible for several hit songs including Billy Currington‘s chart-topping song ‘Let Me Down Easy,’ and the Wreckers’ breakout smash ‘Leave the Pieces.’ Hanson is also a co-writer on ‘Country Strong,’ the title track to last year’s hit movie starring Tim McGraw and Gweneth Paltrow.