Classic Country Saturday – Armed Forces Day
Armed Forces Day 2013. A day to stop and thank our members of the Armed Services. No matter which branch they serve in.
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, Reservist or Guardsman. Each and every one of you play an important role in the safety and freedom of our country which we enjoy so much!
This morning on Classic Country, we will be spotlighting songs which have made reference to the military in some form or fashion. Some of the artists are not as classic as the others but they all tie in together.
Country music loves the military as much as we do here at Oklahoma’s Best Country KLAW 101.
Don’t forget the Armed Forces Day Parade at 1000 hours starting downtown Lawton ending at Elmer Thomas Park. Come out and show your support for our troops!
Here is what you will hear today:
- Ragged Old Flag / Johnny Cash
- American Child / Phil Vassar
- The Fightin’ Side of Me / Merle Haggard
- Where the Stars and the Stripes and the Eagle Fly / Aaron Tippin
- Only in America / Brooks & Dunn
- Riding With Private Malone / David Ball
- Letter From Home / John Michael Montgomery
- God Bless the USA / Lee Greenwood
- In America / Charlie Daniels Band
- Courtesy of The Red, White, And Blue / Toby Keith
- Ships That Don’t Come In / Joe Diffie
- Some Gave All / Billy Ray Cyrus
- Buy on iTunes & Amazon