Classic Country Saturday – Class of 1989
This morning we are going back in time to 1989.
This was the year alot of country stars were introduced to us for the first time. Clint Black, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson , Mary Chapin Carpenter and Travis Tritt.
There were many other artists and groups that had already established themselves prior to 1989 and when they all blended together, there was s new sound coming out of Nashville that took the country by storm.
This morning you will the following from the class of 1989:
- Shut Up And Kiss Me / Mary Chapin Carpenter
- I Feel Lucky / Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Down At The Twist and Shout / Mary Chapin Carpenter
- Much Too young To Feel this Damn Old / Garth Brooks
- If Tomorrow Never Comes / Garth Brooks
- Friends In Low Places / Garth Brooks
- Better Man / Clint Black
- Killin’ Time / Clint Black
- State Of Mind / Clint Black
- Country Club / Travis Tritt
- The Whiskey Ain’t Workin’ / Travis Tritt & Marty Stuart
- This One’s Gonna Hurt You / Travis tritt & Marty Stuart
- Wanted / Alan Jackson
- Here In The Real World / Alan Jackson
- Chasin That Neon Rainbow / Alan Jackson
There were many other artists that had Top 5 and even #1′s this year including:
- George Strait
- Sawyer Brown
- Keith Whitley
We will hear from them as well as many of your other favorites this morning!