Classic Country Saturday Morning – 1971
The year is 1971. The new decade was young and had hope and promises of better times ahead after the turbulent years of the 1960's. Many different events shaped the year of 1971 from shore to shore and all the way around the world. Each event that happened ultimately completed the puzzle that is now in the history books.
Country music was starting to make a change as well. Many of the 'old guard" still stood on firm ground and continued putting out hit after hit. But there was a coming of age for some new artists as well.
This morning we'll spotlight some of both including:
- Dolly Parton "Coat Of Many Colors"
- Charley Pride "Kiss An Angel Good Mornin"
- Loretta Lynn "One's On The Way"
- Freddie Hart "Easy Loving"
- Susan Raye "L.A. International Airport"
- Jerry Reed "When You're Hot, You're Hot"
Join me from 6 to 9am for these and many other classic country songs and information about the year 1971.