Five Things We Hate About Road Trips And Things to Pass Time While Traveling
According to a new survey by Choice Hotels, 90% of families taking trips this summer will drive. So just in case you forgot, here are the five worst things about a family road trip:
1. Getting stuck in traffic. It is Murphy’s law that you will hit a major city on a trip at rush hour and wind up in the wrong lane.
2. Rude or dangerous drivers.
3. Car trouble. Been there and done that
4. The kids arguing in the back seat. Said no parent ever.
5. The kids complaining about how long the drive is.
Is there anything you could add to the list above? Any one of these stand out more than another?
And here are five things families do to pass time in the car:
1. 59% watch DVDs. What did we do before the real luxury cars came out?
2. 51% play video games. Obviously you could choose more than one thing.
3. 36% listen to music. Ipod, cd player and of course the old stand by – the car radio.
4. 32% stop frequently so the kids don’t get bored.
5. And 27% play old-school car games like I Spy.
What other activities do you like to do with your family when you are traveling?