Fort Sill Update – Armed Forces Day Parade And More
In case you missed this week’s Fort Sill Update – a feature heard every Thursday morning at 7:45 on K-LAW 101 – here’s a recap of what Major General Mark McDonald talked about:
Basic Combat Training Graduation
- Friday, May 17th at Fort Sill’s Sheridan Theater.
- Fox Battery, 1st Battalion, 31st Field Artillery @ 10am.
- Delta Battery, 1st Battalion, 19th Field Artillery @ 1pm.
Beef and Burgundy
- Friday, May 17th. A monthly event held at the historic Patriot Club.
- Cocktails @ 5pm – Dinner @ 6pm.
- Menu includes prime rib, baked potato bar, full salad bar, fresh baked rolls, desserts and beverages.
- Reservations can be made by calling 442-5300.
Annual Armed Forces Day Parade
- Saturday, May 18th. Parade begins @ 10am.
- The Fort Sill Half Section and the 77th Army Band will join other Fort Sill soldiers in the parade.
- Parade will start at 6th and C, proceed west to 11th, north to the reviewing stand at 11th & Gore, north from there on Fort Sill Blvd to Ferris, then east to the Lawton High School parking lot.
- Bring the entire family out for this great event.
4th Annual Pro-Bowlers Association SW Region Fort Sill Open
- Friday, May 17th through Sunday, May 19th at Fort Sill’s Twin Oaks Bowling Center.
- Kicks off with a Sweeper Tournament Friday, May 17th at 5pm, open to MWR patrons. First place winner earns entry into the Pro Tournament.
- Professionals bowl Saturday, May 18th from 9am to 7pm in the PBA Regional Tournament.
- Pro-Am Tournament will be Saturday, May 18th at 8pm, open to everyone.
- Professionals conclude the weekend with the PBA Regional Tournament Finals Sunday, May 19th from 8:30am to 4pm.
- Everyone is welcome to come out and watch the professional bowlers take the lanes!
You can hear the entire May 16th update from MG McDonald by clicking the green arrow below.