Fort Sill Update – Army Birthday Ceremony And More
In case you missed this week's Fort Sill Update - a feature heard every Thursday morning at 7:45 on K-LAW 101 - here's a recap of what Fort Sill Commanding General MG Mark McDonald talked about:
Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area Open
- Fort Sill's premier recreation destination is LETRA on Fort Sill's West Range.
- Open to the public, LETRA is located at the base of Mt. Scott on a 360 acre no-wake lake.
- Several camping options including RV sites, tent camping, primitive camping and cabins that come in three sizes - sleeping from 4 to 8 people.
- LETRA beach is open 11am to 7pm Wednesday through Friday and 9am to 7pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Other rec activities include double flume waterslide, as well as paddle boat, kayak and canoe rentals.
- There is an archery range, group use areas, miniature golf, playgrounds and lots of fishing!
- Use any of the post's open gates: Key Gate, Scott Gate, Bentley Gate or Apache Gate.
- Call 442-5858 for info and reservations.
Army Birthday and Flag Day Ceremony
- Everyone is invited to help Fort Sill celebrate the Army's 238th birthday and Flag Day on Friday, June 14th @ 9am in front of McNair Hall.
- A colorful and moving ceremony where all the flags that have represented our nation are present and the history of our great Army is remembered.
- We will cut the cake with the newest soldier on Fort Sill, so come out and have a piece of birthday cake with us!
Trace Adkins tickets on sale
- Tickets to see Trace Adkins and his guests The Josh Abbott Band and Bri Bagwell are on sale now.
- Concert is Friday, July 5th at Fort Sill's Polo Field.
- Tickets are $30. Follow the link on Fort Sill's MWR web site, or go to Adventure Travel in the Welcome Center (Bldg 4700) or in Central Mall. Tickets also available at all Lawton EZ-GO Stores.
You can hear the entire June 6th update from MG McDonald by clicking the arrow below.