Fort Sill Update – Memorial Day Ceremony And More
In case you missed this week's Fort Sill Update - a feature heard every Thursday morning at 7:45 on K-LAW 101 - here's a recap of what the Deputy to the Commanding General at Fort Sill, Mr. Joe Gallagher talked about:
Trace Adkins Tickets On Sale
- Concert is Friday, July 5th at the historic Fort Sill Polo Field.
- Tickets are $30 in advance at Fort Sill's MWR website, Adventure Travel locations in Bldg. 4700 & Central Mall and all Lawton EZ-GO stores.
Basic Combat Training Graduation
- Friday, May 24th at Fort Sill's Sheridan Theater.
- Echo Battery, 1st Battalion, 79th Field Artillery @ 10am.
- Charlie Battery, 1st Battalion, 40th Field Artillery @ 1pm.
Memorial Day Ceremony
- Monday, May 27th at the Post Cemetery @ 11:50am.
National Historic Landmark U.S. Marshals Volunteer Ceremony
- Monday, May 27th at Highland Ceremony @ 1pm.
- Ceremony will honor Lawton historical figure Heck Thomas.
- Mr. Thomas was Deputy U.S. Marshal for the Indian Territory from 1886 to 1892 and for Oklahoma Territory from 1893 to 1900.
- He was elected Lawton's first police chief in 1902 and served in that capacity for seven years.
LETRA Opening Weekend
- Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area opens for the season Friday, May 24th.
- Features miniature golf, fishing, canoe rental, kayaks, paddleboats and more.
- Family friendly recreation area open to the public.
- Season hours of operation for the beach and waterslide are Wednesday thru Friday 11am - 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 10am - 7pm.
- Country Store is open Wednesday thru Sunday 10am-7pm
- For info on LETRA call 442-5854.
Oklahoma Military Connection Hiring Event
- Thursday, June 6th at the Armed Forces Reserve Center on Fort Sill.
- For separating service members, veterans or members of the National Guard or Reserve.
- Registration required at the Oklahoma Military Connection website.
- For more info contact Career Tech for Vets @ 405-714-6186 or the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission at 580-357-3500.
You can hear the entire May 23rd update from Mr. Gallagher by clicking the green arrow below.