Halverson Signs Off Limits Order For Eight Lawton Businesses
From Fort Sill Public Affairs Office
Press Release 1202
March 2, 2012
The commanding general, Maj. Gen. David D. Halverson, has signed an off-limits order today as a result of a recommendation from the Western Oklahoma Area Joint Service Armed Forces Disciplinary Control Board.
Halverson placed the following businesses off limits to all military personnel.
- Zag Man’s Interesting Gifts, 2818 NW Sheridan Rd., Lawton, OK 73505
- Half Price Novelties, 2610½ NW Sheridan Rd., Lawton, OK 73505
- Chiefs Smokin Icehouse, 1315 SW Lee Blvd., Lawton, OK 73501
- The Other Place, 605 SW Lee Blvd., Lawton, OK 73501
- East Side Smoke Shop, 2005 E. Gore Blvd., Lawton, OK 73501
- Qwik-N-Go, 2213 NW Sheridan Rd., Lawton, OK 73505
- Puff n’ Stuff, 4401 NW Cache Rd., #A, Lawton, OK 73505
- Lynn’s Books, Body Jewelry, Etc., 1904 NW Ferris Ave., Lawton, OK 73505
In his order, Halverson said these businesses were placed off limits to protect the health, safety, morale, welfare and discipline of service members. The order applies to all military personnel assigned to, attached to, or in a temporary duty status at military units or installations in Oklahoma, Arkansas, and north Texas.
Soldiers, Marines, airmen and seamen who violate this order may be subject to disciplinary actions under the Uniform Code of Military Justice or to adverse administrative action.
Halverson is the sponsoring commander for the AFDCB. The board advises and makes recommendations to commanders on matters concerning the elimination of conditions that adversely affect the health, safety, morals, welfare, morale and discipline of the Armed Forces. The AFDCB consists of representatives from Fort Sill and Altus, Vance, Sheppard and Tinker Air Force Bases.
Regulations permit the businesses to appeal the off-limits declaration to the AFDCB at any time.