Summer Block Busters Worth Leaving the Sun For [VIDEO]
With the Summer fast approaching, and temperatures climbing, we find ourselves wanting to find ways to cool down. You could spend your time at the beach, or pool side, or perhaps you'd like to come in from the sun and enjoy one of the awesome movies coming out this Summer.
The downside to the "cool" movie experience would have to be the rising cost of this entertainment. Nationally recognized consumer and money-saving expert, Andrea Woroch, says it doesn't look to get better any time soon. She has come up with a plan to save money on your movie experiece. One way is to avoid the theater all together and opt for a movie at home. For just around $5 you can rent a movie, turn out the lights and re-create the movie night. If that option doesn't appeal to you here are a few tips from Waroch to save money at the theater.
- Attend second run theaters - If you can wait to see your choice, you'll pay only $3 to $6 for the same movie.
- Ask for senior rates - Yep, it pays to get older! Many theaters have discount rates for those over 62 years of age.
- Skip the concession stand - What? Are you kidding? If you have a meal before you leave home, you may not be as tempted by the smell of popcorn.
- Early bird deals - Matinees can save you anywhere from 30 to 50 percent off prime time tickets.
- Complete List of Money Saving Tips
What new movie are you waiting to see? Take our Poll!