Super Easy Recipe Using Thanksgiving Leftovers
The Thanksgiving holiday is over and you’re looking at half a bird wondering what in the world are you going to do with all these leftovers; turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes… My sister found a quick and easy casserole recipe for all those Thanksgiving leftovers.
We found this recipe on Pinterest (The Jones Way - Chicken and Stuffing Recipe). The recipe was for an 8 x 8 pan but we had a lot of family home for the holiday so we modified it for a 9 x 13 cake pan. We also modified the ingredients for taste.
Preheat oven to 350
Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Either use leftover stuffing or use boxed stuffing mix and prepare it according to the directions on the box.
- Spread stuffing on bottom of the pan and press lightly to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Shred 1 pound of leftover turkey and layer it into the pan over the dressing.
- Mix 8 oz of sour cream with 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup and spread it on the turkey layer.
- Cover this layer with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with left over mashed potatoes (we added a little sour cream to the leftover potatoes and heated them in the microwave so they would be easier to spread).
- Sprinkle the top of the mashed potatoes with cheddar cheese (just for looks).
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
We warmed up some leftover turkey gravy so guests could drizzle it over their meal. I think adding some corn to the top would have added some extra flavor.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think. How would you modify it for your family?