Taste Of Home Cooking School – Recipe Tease – Peanut Butter Cheesecake
The Taste of Home Cooking School is set for Tuesday evening April 10th. Culinary specialist Jamie Dunn will be treating us to 10 different recipes. Here is one of the recipe’s we will learn to make. Peanut Butter Cheesecake!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped unsalted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Stir in chips. Pour over the crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven; let stand for 15 minutes (leave oven on).
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, peanut butter and sugar; spread over filling. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 5 minutes longer.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 slice) equals 539 calories, 32 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
We had so much fun last year we wanted to share some of the photos with you.
For all the details on our Taste of Home Cooking School visit our Event Page!