Dog Eats Candy-Covered Volcano Homework Ending in Emergency Surgery [VIDEO]
We all know that dogs love to eat and they will eat anything left in front or well anywhere. And we have all heard the excuse in class, ‘The Dog Ate My Homework.’
A odg in Englewood, Colorado named Reggie was forced to undergo veterinary surgery after eating his 13-year-old companion’s homework. Payton Moody had worked extremely hard to complete a school project in the form of a candy covered volcano.
On top of the vast amounts of candy, Payton used a bunch of straight pins to hold the edible pieces in place. Payton’s mother detailed the work stating “She had chocolate as the mountain and used Twizzlers for lava coming out, with blue M&Ms for water. She used the pins because I didn’t want the hot glue gun around her younger brother.”
However the family left the project on Payton’s desk and while they were all away at a football game, Reggie knocked it over and proceeded to eat all the candy along with the pins. Once everyone got home and noticed the project was destroyed, they took Reggie to a nearby veterinary clinic. An x-ray showed the yellow Labrador had ingested about 50 straight pins, requiring surgery to remove some of them. Reggie has since made a full recovery but according to the family, he didn’t take anything away from the ordeal. He still tried to eat Payton’s replacement volcano project.
Subscribe to KLAW-FM on