It’s Donut Day, and there can be Nothing Wrong with That!
Today is the day we celebrate the little rings of deliciousness, the donut! Donuts just make people happy. When faced with bacon and eggs this weekend, my littlest house guest gladly chose 'Donuts! Nana!' So there, they beat out bacon and eggs at least in this instance!
I remember last year on Donut Day that I was going to do some research to find out the orgin of this tasty treat, however, I got super busy, and it slipped my mind. Today is the day...after all, it is Donut Day.
This video is pretty spot on. Take a look!
There are some beliefs that I firmly believe when it comes to Donuts.
- Warm donuts are better than cold donuts. That's not to say that I wouldn't eat a cold donut. I have, and will continue to do so. Even if it's more than day old, a tiny exposure to the microwave will freshen it right up.
- Kids like sprinkles. When picking up donuts for sleepovers at Nana's. Always choose donuts with sprinkles. They will thank you. (and truth be told, the choose them when they go with me, that's how I know!)
- There is a difference in brands. I'm a huge Krispy Kreme fan, yet, I've never had 'Hot Krispy Kreme Doughnuts NOW' (That's the sign that lights up at a Krispy Kreme Store when fresh Donuts - they call them doughnuts - come up)
- Donuts make people happy. They make happy people even happier!
- Fridays are great days to celebrate with donuts...so are Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Of course, Weekends are make for donuts. I could eat a whole bag of Little Debbie's on the weekend.
Whether, you celebrate today, or like Krispy Kreme, you celebrate all week. Make sure your respect the donut this week!