Show Us Your Library Cards! A Lawton Public Library Card Could Save You Money!
Reading is the best way to relax, to learn new things, and to grow. I love the touch of a book, the feel of the pages turning, and the smell of ink on paper. Get your library card today and discover new and exciting worlds!
September is Library Card Sign-Up Month, a time when public libraries nationwide come together to emphasize the value of a library card.
The Lawton Public Library has literacy resources, a digital memory center, 3-D printers, classes, databases, e-books and so much more. From online tools to in-person training, there’s always something for everyone at the library.
This year, Marley Dias, founder of #1000BlackGirlBooks, author and executive producer, is taking on a new role as honorary chair of Library Card Sign-Up Month. In her new role, Dias will promote the value of libraries and encourage everyone to get their very own library card. In recognition of Library Card Sign-Up Month, the Lawton Public Library is enlisting select local businesses to join in the festivities. Show your Card during the month of September at these participating businesses for the following discounts:
• Los Tres Amigos, 2 locations: Free drink with purchase
• Buffalo Grove Coffee Company, 605 SW E Ave: 10 percent off purchase
• Firo Fire Kissed Pizza, 3902 NW Cache Rd: 10 percent off total bill
People who don’t have library cards can stop by either library locations to get a card or apply online at lawton.biblionix.com. For more information, please call the library at 580-581-3450.
This month’s classes and events include:
• Tales & Trails at Elmer Thomas Park: 10-10:30 a.m. Sept. 7, 14, 21, 28
• Adultish Crafts for Adultish People: Watercolor Bookmarks; 6-7:30 p.m. Sept. 8
• Scholastic Book Fair: 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sept. 11-18
• Kid’s Book Swap: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 11
• Homeschool Resource Roundtable: 1-2 p.m. Sept. 11
• Page Turners Fiction Book Club: 6-7 p.m. Sept. 14
• Constitution Day Bell Ring: 10-10:30 a.m. Sept. 17
• Immigration Q&A: 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sept. 17
• Kid’s Drive-in Movie: 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 18
• Territorial Women and a Little Oklahoma History - SWOGS Meeting: 6:30-8 p.m. Sept. 20
• Cover-to-Cover Book Club: 6-7 p.m. Sept. 21
• Sit, Stay, Read: Literacy Dogs: 5-5:45 p.m. Sept. 23 and More!
MORE: Some of the Memes & Tweets That Have Made Us Laugh (and Maybe Think)