Hunter Hayes and Danielle Bradbery to Headline Free USO Concerts in Oklahoma City
The USO Experience is coming to Downtown Oklahoma City this month, and the public is invited to attend! The USO experience gives the general public an opportunity to meet and get to know members of the military in a fun relaxed location.
A statistic that I just read says that there is less than 1% of the population that are members of a branch of the military. To me that number is astounding, considering that our military is responsible for protecting and defending the constitution of the United States. I believe that unless you have had an opportunity to be in direct contact with a solider, you may never know what compels men and women to serve.
“Less than 1% of Americans are serving in the U.S. military. The USO Experience brings together the military and civilian communities in a unique opportunity to bridge the civilian-military drift,” said Gary Cole, USO Central Region president. “Through the USO Experience, Oklahomans can participate side by side with our Armed Forces, gaining a greater understanding of their service and gratitude for their sacrifice.”
From Friday, August 20, through Sunday, August 22, at Riversport Adventure Park residents of Oklahoma City and surrounding areas, including Lawton/Fort Sill are invited to participate in fun activities including:
· Assembly of USO Care Packages, which are distributed to service members around the world.
· “Military Village” with hands-on exhibits and events made possible by the Department of Defense including a UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter; a UH-72A Lakota helicopter; artillery displays from Fort Sill; and a U.S. Marine Corps enlistment ceremony (Aug. 20-21).
· Aerial demonstration by U.S. Army Special Operations Command Parachute Demonstration Team, The Black Daggers.
· Rocket League 3v3 virtual gaming tournament, which is a USO Invitational Qualifier with a prize pool of $5,000.
· RIVERSPORT adventure activities (Aug. 21-22; for purchase).
But, wait, there's more! The evenings will conclude with free concerts by some of Nashville's brightest stars. On Friday evening, August 20th Hunter Hayes will perform, and on Saturday night, the concert features Danielle Bradbery as well and performances from the Oklahoma National Guard 145th Army Band, and the admission is FREE! For more information on attending any of these events you can visit USOExperience.org, or follow USO Experience on Facebook.
LOOK: TV Locations in Every State