12 Facts You May Not Have Known About ‘The Real Ghostbusters’
Everyone loves trivia about their favorite animated features and series, but with over 100 years of animation history behind us right now, there’s always some new obscure fact to learn. That’s why ComicsAlliance is going deep into the minutiae of your favorite names in cartoons in this continuing video series. You think you know cartoons? Well, here’s a few things you might not know!
This week we're taking a look at The Real Ghostbusters, the enormously popular cartoon adaptation of the Ghostbusters film franchise. Running for seven seasons, The Real Ghostbusters spawned a spin-off series, comics adaptations, a monster hit toy line, video games, and a legion of fans. This video takes a look at the history of the series, including some of the famous names behind the stories, and the famous voices behind the characters, and much more.
- You can check out our video about the history of Ghostbusters comics here.
- You can get a collection of dozens of episodes for a relatively low price here. Please note that this is not a complete series collection.
- The complete series collection, which comes in a nicer, collectible case, is available here, for about four times the dollars of that other set.
- The first fourteen issues of the NOW Comics series are collected here.
- If you're a rebel like me, you can get Filmation's Ghostbusters series on DVD here. Or go real old school and get the live action series here.
Check out some installments of our other video series below, and let us know which cartoon series you think we should cover next in You Think You Know Cartoons?