Real Life ‘This Old House’ Chapter 2-Before and After [photos]
We are now beginning the 6th month of renovations at our forever home. You may recall that my fiance and I bought my Mom's house and are making it ours by really changing just about everything that can be changed.
We are really starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. My favorite rooms, and clearly the heart of the house will be be my brand new Farmhouse kitchen, and the bathroom. We did some drastic changes to make it work for us, and for my family that will enjoy it with us.
With renovations just about complete, we are thinking how soon can we get in and start decorating! But before that, we need to take some time to look back to where we started, and at just how far we have come since Janurary 2020!
Items that were added to the new (old) house:
- complete re-wiring of electric throughout the entire house
- adding smoke detectors in every bedroom, and smoke and carbon monoxide monitors outside each two rooms in the hall way
- Complete installation of thermal windows throughout
- Complete installation of insulation in all outside walls and blown in ceiling
- all walls re-textured and painted.
- Moved garage door from kitchen to living room, and a barn door to conceal it
- All new kitchen cabinets, with granite countertops, and hardware
- Removed tub and replaced with walk-in shower, with a glass block window
- New tile and vanity and toilet in Bath
- New Luxury Vinyl Tile Living room, kitchen, hallway
- New Carpet in den, and bedrooms
- Paint through entire house
And lots more little things. We couldn't be happier! Take a look at some of the before and after pictures!
The House that Built Me
We still have yard renovations to tackle, but I know that I'm going to love living in my Momma's house and continuing her legacy of love for her family. We are blessed indeed.