Lawton, Fort Sill is Under a Winter Weather Advisory Today
If you haven't heard the news yet the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Lawton, Fort Sill, and all of Comanche County for this afternoon and evening. Right now the forecast shows the possibility of snow/sleet starting around 3:00-pm today with a 30% chance. Then later this afternoon at 5:00-pm we have a 70% of snow and ice, oh' boy! Mother Nature sure has been moody lately.
Now with this being Oklahoma the weather can, and will change between now and 3:00-pm today. Or it may not, you never really know. That's just how it is and you have to be ready for just about anything weatherwise in the Sooner State. One thing's for sure, don't take any chances. As rapidly as things can change outdoors you need to be prepared when Mother Nature starts PMSing. That's means running to the store ASAP and getting the BREAD & MILK! It's not an option, it's a must-do, must-have, or else kinda thing. You gotta do it!
Hit play on the video below and learn the proper "Bread & Milk" procedures:
Every time we have even the hint of snow and ice I think of this video. It's beyond accurate and truthfully depicts how some people react to inclement weather, especially snow and ice. I'd bet that once I get off if I were to go to Walmart or any grocery store in town the bread aisle would be barren and the cooler wouldn't have a single gallon of milk in it. Even the half gallons and watered-down fake milk would be completely sold out. I have no idea why we have this irrational obsession with bread and milk when the weather turns bad.
You'll want to remain weather aware today and if Mother Nature does decide to dump snow and ice on us watch the road conditions closely. Click here for some winter weather tips to help keep you safe and warm until things thaw out and improve. The clock is ticking, you might want to head to the store while you still can and while there's still some left and get the BREAD & MILK before it's too late. You've been warned!
TIPS: Here's how you can prepare for power outages